Help Using PayPal
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a company owned by eBay and is one of the largest payment providers in the world. Your credit card payment is done by PayPal so PTQ does not ever see or keep your credit card details. PayPal's security is a huge organisation and you can be sure they take your credit card security very seriously. You do not need to open a PayPal account to make a purchase and there are no fees involved.
Please Help! Paypal doesn't accept my credit card!
If you have tried to pay for more trivia and you see this message:
Our records indicate that this credit card is already registered to an existing PayPal account. To complete this transaction, please enter a different credit card.
To log in to your existing PayPal account, please click the Login button below.
This means that the credit card you are trying to use is actually linked to a PayPal account. To use this credit card, PayPal requires that you log in to your PayPal account that is associated with that credit card.
Why? This is one of their security measures to minimise the potential for fraudulent use of your credit card.
I can't remember my PayPal login details!
If you have a PayPal account and you cannot remember your login details, Paypal recommends you follow this 12 step process to recover your details:
- 1. Go to the PayPal home page.
- 2. Click the Forgot Your Password? link.
- 3. Enter your email address and then enter the characters in the security text box.
- 4. Click Submit.
- 5. Check your email inbox.
- 6. Click the link in the PayPal email.
- 7. If nothing happens when you click the link or it is not clickable, copy and paste the web address into your browser window.
- 8. Confirm your identity by choosing one category, and filling in the correct information. If you don't remember your security questions and you have registered financial information on your PayPal account, you can complete the financial information field.
- 9. Click Submit.
- 10. Enter your new password and new security questions and answers.
- 11. Click Submit.
- 12. Your password has been successfully changed.
Got another question?
For general troubleshooting and help, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Do you have a question that hasn't been answered? Then contact us immediately and we will eneavour to help you out!